Thursday, October 31, 2013

TWERK OR TWEET - A MODERN DAY HALLOWEEN

Genius. Bit of a doos, but genius...

I'm positive I've used that phrase before, but given the subject matter and how it relates to modern culture and how the youth of today communicate and entertain themselves, I will sleep easy tonight knowing that short attention spans have won the day.

So, how are you enjoying your Hallmark Holiday? Did you get dressed up for work? Or are you waiting for an occasion this weekend? There are many options in the Mother City, too numerous to mention, but I'm sure that wherever you choose to go, it will be suitably scary and devilishly delightful. But I digress...

The appropriation of what is in essence a pagan celebration by the mainstream, is seen by many as nothing more than a hollow excuse to prance around looking silly and begging for chocolate. Personally, I like the tradition of dressing up to illicit fright. Mainly because to a large extent, this has of late included a particularly slutty element among the young ladies. Incorporating "lady of the night" into what was always "children of the night" costumes is brilliant! And then to add to the spectacle, the results are instantly available for the world to feast their collective eyes on. Cue rant about selfies, the degradation of morals, instagram and tweeting. Rant? Not a fuck! I say we should celebrate this! If I was a high school laaitie today, I'd be one internet connection and a few judicious minutes search from an informed decision of where to go in order to maximise my eye candy for the evening.

Reminds me of a similar dress up party we had once. There was a Hannibal Lector, the guy from 'I Know What You Did Last Summer, Freddie Kruger, Satan, the dude with the mask from 'Scream', the clown form 'It', 2 Frank n Furters, a very imaginative Rosemary's Baby, a variety of slasher victims and a priest who performed an exorcism on me. I went as Linda Blair's character and took great pleasure writhing around on the floor upon guests' arrival exclaiming "Fuck me! Fuck me!" in a sinister hoarse whisper...

The next morning, I shit you not, there was blood dripping from the lounge walls. On closer inspection it turned out to be a multitude of red wine spills. We figure it was a result of some indoor moshing and some "hopie le"...
Oh yes, there was also a Skeletor, who won the fancy dress parade, but also shed his bloody body paint all over everything in the house.

Anyway, have a happy Hallows Eve one and all. I'm off to enjoy a night of culinary creativity courtesy of Commander Conker and Rose Thorn. I hope it's themed. Otherwise I will be forced to whinge...

NGDG: Of course the only reason Paxman couldn't argue against Brand was because, like anyone having to listen to a cokehead, he couldn't get a word in, realised it was 3am already, and the only way out is to fake an injury.

Spread The Love. Stalking Is Just Creepy Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment