Tuesday, March 1, 2011

More RAM for your PC?


Wow! What a month! The 9th of February saw one of the world's greatest live bands here to entertain us with their billion kiloton pyrotechnical spectacle. I'm talking about RAMMSTEIN! It was simply awesome. Yes, I was as sick as a dog and literally almost burnt alive, but it had to go down as one of the best nights ever! Certainly the most high octane show I have ever been to...

And a few short weeks later we're treated to the ever-growing RAMFEST. Replete with Dali-legged pachyderms. This weekend a few metalheads, a whole bunch of kids that think My Chemical Romance started 'music' and of course a few 'normal' people will all descend upon Nekkies in Rawsonville for what is fast becoming THE most popular live music festival in SA. From humble beginnings 5 years ago, it has grown to a massively well supported festival, where you are more than likely to climb in the wrong tent at some point over the weekend, simply because every person there owns exactly the same Camp Master Wedge Dome III...

It promises to be a hectic weekend, considering I'll be there with one Tequila Tart in tow, as well as the sibling Party Animal and a bunch of other crazies. Wish me luck.
Acts to look out for: The (mighty, mighty, magnificent) Sleepers, Isochronous, A Walk With The Wicked, Contrast The Water, Mind Assault, Sabretooth, Juggernaught, Axxon and probably a few more I am too lazy to mention.


What does this have to do with PCs you ask? Fuck all. Unless you consider my views on the so called 'headliners' to be a little unPC. At least the emo-screamo kuif-crew will be wetting them se pants...


Spread the love, but remember, at a festival it is likely that her fridge sized boyfriend is right around the corner, so be careful or employ a look out.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are not counting on Tequila Tart to be your lookout??! I will be too busy scaring the EMO kids into handing over their drinks...

    ReplyDelete