Thursday, March 17, 2011

"A PINT OF THE BLACK STUFF PLEASE LANDLORD..."


Well... St Paddy's Day.... Done and dusted. Aaaaah, how we love the black stuff!


Got to our reserved table last night and was pleasantly surprised to find a real Irishmen sitting among us regaling everyone with all manner of fantastical stories. The Irish. Love a good story. Ask Bono.


Let's not beat around the bush. We go where there are promos on for St Paddy's - the cheap bastards that we are. Scratch cards hold within them a mystical and magical power of hope - an almost reverent sense of anticipation. St Paddy may as well be old Saint Nic on this particular day. Will I finally, after all these years of disappointment, be rewarded with THE HAT (the ultimate prize - and a perfectly legitimate excuse to look goofy for the rest of the evening's revelry) or at the very least one of those awesome black tshirts with a clever quip about our beloved Guinness?


This year I walked away with 2 applique tattoos, a fucking keyring and a pocket full of "bad luck try again" tickets. Fuck the luck of the Irish!


Spread the love. And the Panados.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I got a whole lot of Guinness tattoos,which are still up my arm (to remind me exactly why I feel the way I do today... green!) plus I got a lanyard and I KNOW I am gonna win the trip to Ireland...

    ReplyDelete