Thursday, September 19, 2013

LUCY IN THE SKY WITH EXPECTATIONS.

Unleash them puppies! Wanna play!

It's my gesture in defiance of all the fucking cat pictures on the bloody internetlands.

But that's not the only thing there is too much of. There's ending a sentence on a preposition. There are too many tits with an opinion and too little work to do...

And there is this wry little article doing the rounds illustrating the shortcomings of Generation Y, and offering a variety of explanations as to why they're - simply put - fucked. They expect too much for too little. Their crippling sense of entitlement coupled with their inability to grasp the concept of hard work and the fact that they're not unique little snow flakes is the Molotov cocktail that's going to lead to them being miserable and unsuccessful, eking out a moribund existence under a bridge.
There is also a counter argument. In which one of the whiny, entitled brats alluded to in the first piece retorts with a beautifully written, succinct, articulate and entitled whine.

I'd like to offer my insight. Neither is entirely accurate. You have to look at the playing field. In a world where avarice and narcissism are seen as virtues, it is those who embrace greed and underhanded tactics that will succeed. Show me a man who is raking in the bucks and I'll show you someone who has stepped over many a carcass to get there. Humanity has no qualms about enjoying success at the expense of others, it's just that some of us are better at it. Fuck or be fucked.

Kinda makes you want to gently weep into your beer, doesn't it? Really? Take a look at yourself quickly, Mother Theresa. Are you as altruistic as you'd like everyone to believe? And I'm not talking about clicking-for-change altruistic. I'm talking about every day little things in the real world. Ever fucked anyone over? Be honest with yourself... Oh you are, are you? I didn't realise you got internet so high in the Tibetan Himalayas. Orange looks rather fetching on you.

In other news, we're in for a bit of a cold snap, if the latest buzz online is to be believed. So in the spirit of doing some good for a change, perhaps take this opportunity to help out someone who is going to have a really tough time over the next few days. According to Tarty Farty Tequila Party, doing something nice for someone else is a good thing. I'm going out and testing the "teach a man to fish" principle. I'm going to post leaflets explaining why it's an incredibly kak idea to build your home in the Cape Winter Lake District and expect not to have the annual deluge affect you. It's basic physics. I may look like Penny, but I remember a little from my education. When I wasn't being distracted by my Science teacher's growth. (It's name was Gilbert.) And my all-engulfing (and consequent obsessing about) inability to influence girls magically to find me desirable enough to suddenly want to make sex at me. And trying to reach a higher ranking on the pool team, while fleecing young ladies for free coffee. So many distractions. My mother was right. What she didn't count on was my ability to pass anyway. I always said studying before the time was cheating.

Anyway, enough about me. Go forth, Generation Y! Go forth and start your path to excellence by trying out the novel concept of putting someone else's needs before your own. And don't do it because you've heard of karma. My Name Is Earl portrays a very simplistic interpretation.

NGDG: Titanic. A cautionary tale illustrating how a game of just-the-tip can end in disaster.

Spread The Love. Someone Out There Needs It.

No comments:

Post a Comment