Friday, August 1, 2014

CHICKEN POOP FOR THE SOUL

Awesome design by RealLifeSmileyFace. I'm getting the tshirt.

So it's the weekend. But not the type of weekend that is heralded by an annoyingly nasal twerplet on the airwaves. Just your common and garden Friday. Here in Cape Town. Where business for the week has all but shut down. But hark! What stampede through yonder new day breaks?

Yeah motherfuckers, it's time to get yo MERRILLS on! Tomorrow is the Metal4Africa Winterfest carnival of souls and I'm going! I'm going for the bands! I'm going for the company! I'm going for the Beasties! I'm going there by bus! I'm going to be thoroughly, thoroughly shitfaced...

Those INGlorious basterds, ING are playing. If you smaak your MERRILLS drilled into your cranium with pneumatic savagery then this group of ne'erdowells are just the thing with their sardonic drill sergeant delivery.
Or if you live in lala-land and believe that somewhere in the realms of reality there proudly rides a space warrior on a battle unicorn, wearing nothing but a loincloth and a mighty broadsword, then the epic cheese MERRILS of STRIDENT will do you nicely. Watch our for flagons of mead being slooshed around and the occasional pesky dragon.
I have no idea what the main headliners MAXIMUM CARNAGE are like, but I have been led to believe that they are crushingly heavy, and if past events are anything to go by, I'm sure they are double tit legit and will live up to their moniker.
TERMINATRYX will also be performing their blitzkrieg brand of industrial MERRILL, kicking your head in with a savage stomp.

I've been mulling over the idea of having a kind of 'best of' book published - like David Thorne did. I don't pretend to be anywhere near his exalted league, but ever since I got his book, it's been a thought building up over time. People have encouraged me to do it. It would make quite the stocking filler. Anyway, whether or not I go ahead with this harebrained scheme remains to be seen, but I think a good tentative title would be "Chicken Poop For The Soul"... what do you think?

Today's Daily Gem from the honourable (or perhaps not so honourable) Neal Goldwyer is not from the usual stand alone source, rather a comment on the rampant crime and lack of repercussion in Africa:
I can't wait for China to take over Africa and treat our criminals like they treat their own.
Wise, our Neal...

Spread The Love. Ek Kry Al Klaar 'N Horing.

No comments:

Post a Comment