Monday, August 16, 2010

Suzanna Hoffs vs Darth Vader


She of the Bangles fame and the owner of the sexiest "oooh I'd do things to you" voice in rock n roll. Might have had a hit with a song about Mondays. Not unlike the Boomtown Rats, only with cooler lyrics...
VS
Darth Vader has nothing to do with Mondays. But hopefully the absolute randomness will give you an insight into my current frame of mind...

So we're off to a flyer this week, folks. Well, not really. My eyes are glued shut and my intestines are discussing a COSATU style strike. Why do I do this to myself I hear you bleating. Circumstances, dear gentle reader, circumstances...
Friday night started and ended with a very friendly (no not THAT friendly, bastards) guy feeding me shots whilst I was trying with increasing difficulty to focus on the bands I had gone out to watch. Lots and lots of shots and suddenly I find myself drunk texting (first time I promise). Woke up as if I had been shot in a particulalry bad dream - to confused and confusing replies...
Saturday evening was spent in the opulent surroundings of a friend's bachelor mega-pad for his birthday party. Best party music playlist thing ever, but then we have virtually identical taste in music. Follow up said party with a jaunt, much to my tired and aching disagreement, to a local kiddiejol for some dancing at 3 in the morning, and you end up with a hugely grumpy old bastard standing in the corner and nursing a Coca Cola. I do not dance. Especially when cursed with an unfortunate bout of sobriety. And I despise being the designated driver. I am decidedly UNfun when I have to be and would rather tear my face off.
So, a most pleasant Moanday to you all, may your woes and tribulations evaporate like the Atlantic Seaboard mist...

Now, to find out what my dronk sms was all about...

Spread the luuuurve.

No comments:

Post a Comment