Tuesday, April 12, 2011

GLORY! GLORY!



I know it's a little early to be celebrating, as United have only made the semis, but they did just beat Chelsea, which is kind of a big deal. For me anyway. Now before you go on your little Red Devil rants, please be aware that there are genuine fans and there are those that aren't...


Anyway, happy days! Yesterday was a wonderful football-crammed day. Went to go and play football at the new spot and had a radical game. The turnout was good, which is always a good place to start. Went out for a quick beer afterwards and then was joined by TDB and The Commander for the Champions League semi final.


About 15 minutes in I was jumping up and down, punching the air (I don't like Windhoek Lager) and screaming Rooney-esque obscenities to my guests and the television public in general. It took me a while to realise the Hernandez had been ruled offside. Erm...


Thankfully I was given the opportunity to "celebrate" again on the stroke of half time, when the little Mexican fellow rounded off a sublime move by Giggs and O'Shea. My neighbours really are unbelievably tolerant and understanding.


So after having to endure a very nerve wracking minute after Chelsea had equalised, the 2 goal (on aggregate) advantage was once again restored, much to the lounge suite and assembled friends' alarm.


I'm taking bets to see how long Carlo Ancellotti lasts...


Oh, and you MUST have noticed the awesome banner my mate, the ridiculously talented Stephen Green, made for me. Sweet, huh?


Spread the love. Just keep your shower cap and some emergency taxi fare handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment