Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DREAM SPACE




No! Not like the meadow with Tory Lane in it this morning, just before I woke up.

And it is very manly to snuggle with a teddy bear, I'll have you know...




I'm talking about the single most beautiful combination in music. Today. Anywhere. In the whole wide world.




This, ladies and gentlemen, is truly what dreams are made of. I should know, I've had the incredibly good fortune to have witnessed and experienced this before. It is a night I shall never forget and one I hope to emulate as many times as humanly possible.


Shannon Hope. What can I say that I haven't already waxed lyrical about. That everyone else in the know has waxed lyrical about... Yes, I'm in the know. The sheer magnitude of her talent, the terrifying virtuosity of her musicianship, her exquisitely crafted and executed songs and the voice. Oh, the voice. She is able to cradle your deepest, most vulnerable emotion with an intuitive gentleness beyond compare. In her more introspective moments, you are invited to share in the very soul of her fragility. And when she lets go one of her soaring, searing choruses, the earth will shake around you whilst you are lifted to flight along with her stupendous sonic sorcery. And if you're not quite moved beyond mere mortality by then, prepare for a healthy dose of Shannon's trademark quirky humour, sprinkled liberally on the confectionery perfection of her show, like those thingies you get on cupcakes...


But don't just take my word for it. Go and see for yourself.


Personally, I'd be equally content if I could keep her to myself - like some kind of miserly music collector, but her gift is too precious not to share. So I'm taking Tarty Farty Tequila Party along with me tonight. Fun times loom large!


NGDG: "I'll have another slice of broccoli please."


Spread The Love. Believe.

1 comment:

  1. And how honoured I am to be accompanying you to the Fugard to witness this stupendous sonic sorcery.

    ReplyDelete