Friday, October 26, 2012

PUMPKIN - NOT A CALL TO INCEST



I was musing earlier that I was going to play only Ween songs throughout my entire DJ set tomorrow night. At a goth party. Then when people came to me with furrowed brows (more than likely sans real eyebrows) with concerns for my mental health and their distaste for my selection, I could happily retort with a hearty "Hallo!". On repeat. I need to download a shitload of Ween now...

Yes, dear readers. It's Pumpkin Tits weekend! All the ghouls come out to play and all the children harass the home owners in their neighbourhoods for sweets. Dentists rejoice. Parents despair. I pretend I'm not home.

But this year it will be true. I won't be home. Because I am going to meet some very old friends and acquaintances. I have a high school reunion. It's really quite exciting. I am going to be seeing people I haven't seen in a very long time, good and bad. Some people I am obviously very keen to see, and find out how their lives have turned out. Others, not so much. Not everyone in high school was sympathetic to my assertion that I was the most important kid in the class and therefore "the boss of the game". Mainly the girls. They didn't deal well with the gangly, spotty apparition that was trying to put on the moves using his extra sexy teapot-on-a-stove voice. Thank goodness I wasn't short to boot, that would have been the end...

You know how it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors? It's even worse to open one in someone's arsehole.

The clock is ticking. My time alone with Michael Gira and his cronies is rapidly approaching. I managed to curb my enthusiasm last night, while making a glorious potjie and did not put on the new Swans disc. I expect tonight's experience to be serene. Oh shit, I just got a picture of the Williams sisters in my head. Get it out! Get it out!

Another wonderful reacquainting I'm looking forward to tomorrow is with Jill. She is a thing of beauty. She is my "sponsored" guitar. She is coming home with me again for a while. I will make her squeal. With my fingers. One of which is healing nicely, thanks...

Let's see, what else am I doing this weekend. Eating a lot of potjie. Oh ja, and holing up with the Hot Girlfriend between social engagements. Sod everyone.

Also, I am missing out on a weekend away because of all my commitments. I feel a strong case of FOMO coming on. I hope I don't get the mopes. Tarty Farty Tequila Party, Rose Thorn, Commander Conker and a lot of other people are trekking to Sutherland (where I hear everything is Kiefer than everywhere else...) for my sister's birthday celebrations. I hope the Brother-In-Awe doesn't try making a door where a window should be this weekend, he might hurt his hand...

I'm suddenly in the mood for a spot of golf, trundling about in the cart sounds like fun. But I think I'll just focus on rehearsals rather. The upcoming show should be one NOT to miss.

Happy Irreverent Friday, y'all!

NGDG: It may be 14° and light failing. But, dammit, my soft-top and I will have our summer!

Spread The Love. Not So Much The Rockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment