Friday, February 1, 2013

MORE FUN THAN A GANG BANG!



Yay! Yay! It's Friday!

And you know what that means, my dear readers... Sleeping in late after late nights out, soaking up all the wonderful vibes our beloved Cape Town has to offer. Right now it's a stinking hot, gorgeous summer day in the Mother(less) City and we're about to embark on a weekend stuffed to full of metal it could re-align magnetic North. Yes ladies and gentlegerms, Metal4Africa's annual celebration of metal mayhem is upon us. Summerfest '13 is here! Can you feel it! The Beat At Africa's Feat! (Only this version is more double bass and blast beats...)

Featuring a stellar line up of some of the most exciting metal acts around, not only from this country, but even from beyond our borders! I'll be transported there, as usual, on the Party Bus, which is a total riot. Imagine a vehicle filled with drunk hooligans and my friends and I sitting at the back playing "ringleader, ringleader". Fun guaranteed!

On to the important business. The show starts off with My Dark Fugue (cool fucking name) and Messiah Complex, who I have heard some great things about. Following them, if you're still not completely damaged and/or too drunk to stand up, you get hit by Moment Of Clarity, before the kindly gentlemen of Bulletscript rearrange your orifii with a crushing cocktail of groovalicious greatness.

Once you're recovered and spent some time applying rudimentary bandages to your arse, the onslaught continues with Botswana's own Overthrust (really looking forward to this show) and the pure punishing power of Warinsane.

And as if that wasn't enough to allow you to die smiling in a dishevelled heap of bludgeoned bliss, THEN, only THEN do we get to the official headliners. Fuck me! Infanteria are using their auspicious event to launch their long awaited debut album on the night - brace yourself! I sincerely doubt I will be able to see out of my face by then, but I really hope I do, because co-headliners Suiderbees are NOT to be missed with their orchestral infused death metal - always a showstopper! Closing off proceedings will be Sadistic Dementia. I have no idea what they're all about, but knowing the strict criteria for getting onto this prestigious stage, I am sure they are pure quality. I believe the gorgeous girls of Black Orchid Burlesque will also be in attendance, wowing the audience with their audacious art.

Outdoor entertainment will be provided by the ever present DJ Egg (on-my-face) Head and a massive merchandise stall courtesy of Subterania Music will have you wishing you'd studied harder at school...

Oh yes, and the million crazed metalheads having the time of their lives!

And that's not all folks! Tonight Sindulgence, Zombies Ate My Girlfriend and the ever-lovable scamps of ING storm the ramparts of Mercury Live! There you go! Amazing, quality metal at one of the most, if not THE most prestigious live venues in Cape Town. What more could you possibly ask for? Show your support and pave the way for me to have my own launch at Mercury! Besides, wouldn't it be nice to see your favourite metal darlings presented in all their splendour - with a professional lighting set up second to none and a truly wonderful sound rig and engineers?

See you all around the fringes of the mosh pit - with only one eye open!

NGDG: That apple was so big, if it was a peach you could call it James.

Spread The Love. \m/ \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment