Tuesday, June 21, 2011

FOKKEN PLUMBERS!





Daisy de Melker was on to something. How can the theoretically easiest mechanical process prove so damn frustrating and difficult to get right?

Pipe - ring - coupling - turn. Easy, right? Wrong!

And what's even more frustrating is that when called upon to do exactly the same thing for someone else, it's a raging success.

Anyway, at least my herb garden is looking good. Well, Rosemary is looking a bit lonely all by her lonesome, but it's not all overgrown and unruly yet.

On to other news. I am doing a fund run. I am aiming to collect donations to help a friend of mine's dad get treatment for cancer that is proving very expensive. In conjunction with the Sumo Run she is already doing in New Zealand, I too shall be legging it in aid of her dad's medical expenses. Except I'm treating it more like open mic night at the comedy club...

..."Give me a costume and a location!" kind of improv jogging/stumbling/ambling/falling perambulation.

So we will have to see who wins the suggestion sweepstakes. You are also encouraged to propose a song of your choice to go on the Pain Playlist. We're starting with the Rocky Montage and ending with Chariots Of Fire, since by the end of 6km I will probably only be capable of slow motion anyway. So far we have 'Eye Of The Tiger', 'Welcome To The Jungle', Rebecca Black's 'Friday' and Justin Bieber's 'Baby'. The last two are there to test my resolve faced with the ultimate torture I am sure.


I hope to have a ribbon crossing dive at the end like the last oke in the Comrades.


Any donation to this incredibly important cause would be most gratefully accepted, no matter how small you think it may be, it all counts. You can donate any amount, or even pledge an amount per tortuous kilometer.


My infinite gratitude to the kind souls that have already pledged or paid. Don't worry, Cuz I won't mention names lest people realise you're all heart. Shit! How do I delete this thing!?

A video is planned for those of you that can't cheer me along the route - and make fun of my costume, whatever it turns out to be.


*Disclaimer: I am willing to be humiliated, but legality, practicality and the weather will play a part in the eventual decision on costume.

So bring your cheque books, your pom-poms, your garden chairs, your thermoses, your banners of motivation and/or ridicule. Just be a part of it.



NGDG: "Neal Goldwyer is cooking home made Neopolitana with wholewheat spaghetti, while listening to Black Dahlia Murder. Give me a facelift and an underage hooker and you have modern Italy."


Spread The Love. And The Moolah. Please.



No comments:

Post a Comment