Monday, June 25, 2012

BIG BANG WEEKEND



How is it possible, with all the lying around and sitting around that I managed to do without interruption this weekend, that I am still tired? I've been sitting here in the office dimming and brighting all day. Perhaps it's the aircon that's blasting in a balmy 26C...

Looks like I may have to resort back to crazy party packed weekends to maintain an even keel. I feel like Danny Glover in 'Lethal Weapon'.

You'd probably slash your wrists if I bored you with the details of my couch and bed activities, so I'll skip to the highlights - those that happened outside of my home. On Friday I sat at Rose Thorn's house in front of a roaring fire and drank beer. Not too much physical strain there. Unless you count flapping your jaw extensively. And going to the bathroom once the seal had broken...

And although I had a very productive and successful rehearsal with the crazy bunch from AXXON on Saturday afternoon, it by and large consisted of me parking my kiester on my desk chair as well. So no great breaking into a cardio sweat there either.

Sunday we celebrated my old man's birthday the only way my family knows how - in style and strictly adhering to the tradition of "die ou poephol sal betaal". Lunch at the JC le Roux wine farm (ok, sparkling wine farm - I just didn't want to bring Toilet up) was awesome. It was pissing with rain and we were inside trying to talk over each other in ever increasing volume while killing a few bottles of red and plates full of oxtail. Just about perfect. Again, this involved a lot of sitting.

Yet I'm knackered! Perhaps I'm growing an aversion to work.

In other news:
  1. Tarty Farty Tequila Party still hasn't done her man list.
  2. DrHellCuz and co are headed down South for this year's Metal4Africa Winterfest. Should be entertaining...
  3. I have now identified 4 different kinds of caterpillars in my plants, all of whom now meet a swift death upon discovery.
  4. Cape Town (according to some report, bogus or not) is set to have a wee name change. To something only 7 living people can pronounce. Personally I hope it's a rubbish report. It probably is. If they'd intended changing the name of our beloved Mother City, by now it would surely already have been named Winnieville or Boesak Town.
  5. A new form of hipsterism has just been confirmed as the trending Winnieville, erm, trend. You've got to sport at least 2 out of the three of the following tattoos: cherries, dice or an anchor, wear clothes that were last in fashion in the 50s (which, like all Boesak Town trends includes bad hats) and listen to unbearably drab, formulaic and unimaginative rip offs of Them Tornados or The Psycho Reptiles. [*At least Th' Damned Crows rock...]
  6. I know I'm a little (ok, a LOT) behind the times, but David Thorn is my new hero.

Also - and I'm probably more guilty than most, but let's put that down to uncontrollable arrogance and narcissism - the damn internet has given the entire world a chance to spew forth their lopsided, uneducated, bandwagon opinions on EVERYTHING. Without taking the trouble to check out the validity of that which they condone or over which they express shock. I wish there was a "take the log out of your own eye before commenting on the splinter in someone else's" button - like a 'Terms and Conditions Apply' kind of thing. The emphasis obviously being on "log out". Dumb fucks.

And a great big sloppy HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your and my favourite - the beautiful yet dangerous Rose Thorn for today! Looking good! We here at Monster Inc love you!

NGDG: "Can I put this tongue down now? Because I'm tired of holding it."

Spread The Love. And The Gospel Of Brian Setzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment