Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MORE THAN A TWIST



So I decided to try this altogether new and improved way of dealing with life. Some guru in Hollywood must have invented it as some new age lifestyle trend. You know, something to replace Botox and dog-in-a-bag. It's known as "sobriety" and it's come as a complete shock to my system. I feel irritible, disoriented and generally without purpose. This morning I left for work and my new clean jeans were sporting the latest in "sink splash in the crotch area" and "egg yolk on the knee" accessories.

I tell you, this is not for everyone. I wonder how many other people know about this.

Anyway, back to life, back to reality. It's turned out to be a beautiful winter's day in the Mother City. Apparently the proposed change of a name ala Prince/Artist Formerly Known As Prince/Symbol has already blown over. I can't imagine what kind of snowball effect that would have had on the local streets and landmarks. At least, of the few streets that have been renamed, Helen Suzman Boulevard is apt enough, going right past the biggest Old Tannie Home in the world, Sea Point.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is all I have for you today. I don't want to bore you with any more inane dribbling and my mom always taught me "leave 'em wanting more"...

NGDG: "Apparently 'What do homeless kids like to eat so I don't buy the wrong tinned food?' is not an appropriate response to the winter charity drive."

Spread The Love. Like A Care Bear Tummy Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment