Friday, January 18, 2013

...UP YOUR ASS!


Happy Irreverent Friday, one and all! A day of days! A day to insert foreign, shiny objects in your derriere...
You may have picked up that today is all about THE MERRILLS. Whatever floats your boat; Thrash, Death, Doom, Black, Speed, Power and all else in between. Actually now that I look at that list, I think I'll patent a "Metal Vibrator" and those can be the settings...
It'll have horns on it. Naturally.

Which brings me neatly to today's order of business. The continent's leaders in metal community, Metal4Africa, are about to unleash yet another of their bi-annual metal festivals. The Metal4Africa Summerfest is once again upon us and beware your tarnished little soul if you don't join in the drunken, dirty revelry. Take it from a long time patron, yours truly. It is a thing of wide-eyed wonder and much horns'n'headbanging! If you manage NOT to pass out before the conclusion of proceedings you will be treated to the best South Africa has to offer. The guys really go out of their way to put on a stellar event every year. The entertainment is sublime. The merchandise supplied by Subterania is more than your brain can handle. The Party Bus is the shit (I'll be at the back raising hell with the usual suspects). The facilities are immaculate. And have I mentioned how cheap the booze is? It's a fucking joke. No wonder this event usually results in many a photograph being used for extortion...

Onto the bands. Highlights are a visit from beyond our borders. Overthrust are from Botswana and promise to bring their own brand of indigenous old-school death metal. Be prepared. Then Infanteria launch their much anticipated debut album 'Isolated Existence'. As for the rest of the day, it is left in the more than capable hands of such gargantuan bands like Warinsane, Bulletscript, Suiderbees and many more to pulverise and pervert you into a swirling mass of sweaty, stomping happy-happy joy-joy.

Don't believe me? I dare to you to put on your Big Girl Pants and come and check it out...

And in the meantime. To whet your appetite. And since it's so close to beer o'clock you can almost taste it, here is a Metal4Africa Summerfest '13 Free Sampler featuring tracks from every single band on show. Come on, you know you want to. If curiosity didn't kill the cat, then metal will invariably take the blame. We know it's unfair, so in the interest of maintaining our lily-white image in the commercial press, PLEASE download this...

See you strumpets at the fringes of the mosh pit. (I'm old - fuck off!)

NGDG: Gone and put Sheryl Crow in my head after yesterday. "I like a good beer-buzz in the morning." "I still get stoned / I'm not the kinda girl you take home." "What happened to me? I ain't done shit in years."

Spread The Love. Creepy Creepy...

No comments:

Post a Comment