Monday, January 28, 2013

SNOOZE BUTTON!



So, I had quite a weekend. What with avoiding the Tattoo Convention like the plague, attending a shit-kicking gig at Mercury with Sabretooth and Bulletscript, and a hangover of monumenstrual proportions, I think I may just have come out of it alive.

Add to all that the fact that I bought a new computer, and suddenly it's looking quite a success. Typically, though, I got home with the pc, unwrapped it and stood and stared at the shiny new box for a while. I'm not a girl, I'm just excessively technophobic. I will need one of my many IT-mad friends to come over and install stuff. I can tell you this, though. It has 5 gasquillians of those jigglemahwhatsamacallits and a terrible harddrive. Or something. And it's all shiny and new, so I don't want to fuck it up quite yet.

I may just be tempted to put fried chicken in it so I can get it to "internet"...

And in the biggest news of the weekend, I have cramp. Lego is apparently a young man's game. I recently got all my childhood Lego out of storage from my folks' place. Yesterday was the big day. I decided to spend some quality time rediscovering my youth, hunched over tons of Lego spread out all over the lounge floor. Wow! Time literally does fly when you're having fun. I felt like a kid again. Except I was drinking beer - a thought which occurred to me at the time as "Fucking awesome!" Anyway, after roughly hours of being lost in a more pleasant time, I went to bed and - much to my horrified surprise this morning - was in agony! As I sit here right now, I can hardly feel my legs or turn my head sideways. Can't wait for the next instalment. Also, in my infinite wisdom and excitement, I rushed headlong into it, constructing individual sets from the picture on the front of the box. Which is a lot more taxing than you'd imagine. FINALLY! Something I can use my engineering degree for. My ol' Mum would have been so proud. As it turns out, I'm just a stupid pillock, as I found the package of plans as I was finishing up, which resulted in another hour fixing the slight "box cover vs plan" miscalculations.

Anyway, that was my weekend. I hope the week stretched out ahead (and I mean streeeeetched with no fucking end in sight - isn't it always like that when you have big plans for a weekend?) is a smooth ride for you all. Sweet dreams...

NGDG: Did these Dylan Moran DVDs have holes in them initially or did I do that?

Spread The Love. It's Coming Up To February... Ominously.

No comments:

Post a Comment