Monday, May 23, 2011

YUP... STILL HERE.



They got the day wrong, people!

You know it's the end of the world when I post something with fucking lolcats in it!!! It's today - it's todaaaaay ! ! ! !


Anyway. I digress.

So... cliche heaped upon cliche, imagine my surprise when I awoke with an apocalyptic hangover and a stinging cheek to find I had in fact not been whisked away to stand judgement for all my sins. This is slightly different from the normal Sunday morning feeling of having an apocalyptic hangover and wondering how the fuck I got home or what sort of judgement I'd have to face as a consequence of my actions the night before.


What a weekend. Even the world decided not to end.


Friday evening was spent in the company of good friends braaing and drinking. Made for an awesome evening. Saturday morning was spent collaboratively composing orchestration for a song we're working on. And by "collaborative composing" I mean occasionally popping my head into the studio and saying things like "no, I don't like that" or "try something different".

Went to Cape Town Stadium on Saturday afternoon to watch Ajax CT hopefully win their maiden PSL title. Seems match fixing is still rife within South African sport. It's the only explanation. The goalkeeping howler that gifted the title to Pirates will probably go down in history as one of the most glaring of all time. That is, if anyone anywhere in the rest of the world gave a half a toss about South African football. The atmosphere was incredible though, I will most certainly be making a concerted effort to attend a good couple of games next season.


Saturday night, as we all know, was to herald the clippity clop of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse as they tore through the fabric of society (like the beginning of college football games) and shepherded us all into our own personal versions of eternal damnation. And I was entrusted to provide the soundtrack. I think my dj set went very well, actually. Lots of bouncing bodies and sweaty swaying. Unfortunately the evening ended rather abruptly, bringing to mind my Dad's famous words "na lekker lag, kom lekker huil..."


So. Full circle back to Sunday morning. Has anyone noticed how increasingly difficult it is to extricate oneself from the warm loving embrace of your bed? I have...


The raddest thing about having a massive braai on the Friday is the wonderful array of meats that you can include in your breakfasts all weekend.


And now we're into our first post-apocalyptic work week. Bugger. At least judgement day would have been something different. Although I suspect it would be the equivalent of going to Home Affairs to sort out a new ID. Nevertheless, on with the slog...

Have a good week, everyone.



Spread The Love. Gemini Style.



No comments:

Post a Comment