Tuesday, July 31, 2012

THE SIZE OF A COW




Plus, once I was totally bust riding one of those old Trek zebras.

For those of you poor, underprivileged souls that have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about, go and google The Wonder Stuff. Anyway, the sentiment of the song pretty much sums up my mood today. It can't really be called a mood, as such. It's more like a state. A zen like disgust with most things seamlessly coupled to an irritated contentedness that things will be as they should.

So, if you've been reading this here virtual soapbox for any length of time, you'd know that I am involved in things musical, not least of which is the band I share with Little Spoon The Lady Killer, LordDoom, Hairy and Scary. We have a very important launch gig planned. We have been working relentlessly towards making this a reality and are getting super excited about the results. And because we will no doubt be under extremely close scrutiny for various reasons, we are working doubly hard to ensure the success of the launch, the songs and the band. So, colour me grumpy when I realise for the first time that the launch date is the same night as my school reunion, a night I've been looking forward to for a decade. FUCK!

Not that there's even a choice, mind you. I'm just super bummed I'm going to have to miss schmoozing with all the overweight greying "peers" and a bunch of women that wouldn't give me the time of day in highschool. I sincerely hope time has been kind to them all...

And now I'll never know...

Anyway, DrHellCuz is still in Cape Town, so it's dinner out tonight. Thank goodness too, I was so not in the mood for the same damn meal again. Sometimes bachelorhood can be trying. Hope he's hungry. He should be - I've been making him eat nothing but his words since a long time ago.

I have recently regained mobility of my neck. I now no longer pose a threat to all other road users when diligently checking my blind spots. Although last night's spot of light gardening almost did me in. The weeding was ok. The cutting the lawn was also bearable. Try sinking 100+ drainage holes with sore shoulders. As Tarty Farty Tequila Party would say, "You're such a Ninny!"

And this, dear reader, is where I bid you adieu for the day.

NGDG: 'Caution: Wet Floor" signs should say 'Caution: Cleaner trying to dry wet floors by swinging this sign around.'

Spread The Love. No Cheating!

No comments:

Post a Comment